Let’s Be Civil
Whether it’s in the political arena, on the playing field, or in interactions with others, being civil is the key to keeping your A game. The Vancouver Sun (2008) identified 10 rules for being civil. Try these on for size and see if they don’t enhance your ability to succeed in everything you do.
1. Pay Attention to what’s going on.
2. Practice Compassion.
4. Hold individuals accountable for what they do.
5. Be clear in stating your case.
7. Be prepared to change.
8. Avoid physical and emotional violence.
9. Remain genuine.
10. Treat others with the respect with which you’d like to be treated.